Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions of use
Access to, and use of, the EnScope website at EnScope.org (“the Website”) is provided by EnScope and is subject to the following Terms and Conditions of Use:
- The Website is operated by EnScope (Expeditions) Limited (company registration number SC233112) whose registered office
is at Caledonian Exchange, 19A Canning Street, Edinburgh EH3 8HE and the EnScope group of companies being (for the time being)
EnScope Conservation Limited (registered company number 4660959 (registered charity number 1098893) whose registered office
is at 3 Somerset Road, Barnet, Hertfordshire EN5 1RP, and whose contact address is Omnibus Business Centure, 39 – 41 North
Road, London, N7 9DP) and EnScope Carbon Offset Limited (registered company number 6386483, whose registered office is at
Omnibus Business Centre, 39 – 41 North Road, London, N7 9DP) (together “EnScope”).
- Use of this Website constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Use, which take effect immediately on your first use of the Website. EnScope reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time by posting changes on the Website and you accept that you are bound by the Terms and Conditions of Use in force at that time and displayed on this page. If these Terms and Conditions of Use are not accepted in full, you do not have permission to access the contents of this Website and therefore should cease using this Website immediately.
- All rights in the Website (including copyright, the content and design of the Website) is owned by EnScope or used under licence from third parties. Material from the Website may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast, transmitted or re-transmitted in any way, distributed, sold or displayed, in any medium, except for your own personal non-commercial use, without the express written permission of EnScope or in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. Any other use requires the prior written permission of EnScope. You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the material contained on this Website or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. You can download and use the service on a single CPU at a time and you can print out a single hard copy of any part of the content on the EnScope website for your personal use.
- You agree to use this Website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this Website by any third party or other users. This includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene, offensive, defamatory, pornographic, racist, threatening or political content or do anything to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue within this Website.
- This Website and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to EnScope, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “IS AVAILABLE” basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. To the maximum extent permitted by law, EnScope shall not be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website. This does not affect you statutory rights under English law.
- Any destination/travel guide or information provided on the Website is written purely for information purposes. Although EnScope endeavours to ensure that such information is accurate, EnScope provides no guarantee that such information is accurate and is provided solely as additional background content. EnScope shall not be held liable in any way whatsoever for any inaccuracy, misunderstanding or expectation drawn from this content. EnScope shall also not be liable if any of the expeditions detailed on the Website are not available and details of expeditions, including departure dates, prices, etc, will be as confirmed by EnScope at the time of booking your arrangements. EnScope aims to update the Website regularly and may change content at any time and without notice. EnScope shall not be liable if the Website is not available at any time or for any period.
- EnScope does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the materials. You must not misuse the Website by introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- The names, images and logos identifying EnScope or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of EnScope and/or third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license or right under any trade mark or other intellectual property right of EnScope, or any other third party.
- Warrant that such contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to EnScope for all the purposes specified above;
- Indemnify EnScope against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by EnScope as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
- Agree to waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the EnScope site and the other purposes specified above.
- If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions of Use and/or specific terms appearing elsewhere on this Website relating to specific material, then the latter shall prevail.
- EnScope is not responsible for the content of the external sites linked to from this Website. Any links provided on the Website to other websites are not intended to provide an endorsement by EnScope (unless otherwise specified) and EnScope will have no liability or responsibility for the content of this or those websites whatsoever. You must not establish a link to this Website from any other website without EnScope’s explicit prior written consent.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website and for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions of Use and that they comply with them. If you, or anyone accessing the Website through your Internet connectivity, breach these Terms and Conditions of Use, EnScope shall be entitled to suspend or permanently terminate your access to the Website.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions of Use should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions of Use are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions of Use and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- It is not the intention of the parties to confer any rights on any third parties by virtue of these Terms and Conditions of Use and accordingly the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.