Collection and use of data
- EnScope can obtain personal data from you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, email and your credit/debit card details in order to make payment and confirm the booking) from a number of different sources:
- When you search for or request details on services or expeditions from the Website, or if you supply us with your details when discussing matters over the telephone to us, or if you submit a request for details to be provided to you by mail or email.
- When you complete and submit an application to EnScope to take part in expeditions, together with any applicable methods of payment.
- When you complete and submit a donation to EnScope Conservation, together with any applicable methods of payment.
- EnScope needs your name, address and/or email address so that it can send out information to you and advise you of special offers and promotions it thinks may be of interest to you. EnScope also requires this information about you in order to complete your application for expeditions and deal with any bookings on your behalf and in relation to the different services operated by the companies within the EnScope group.
- In order to complete your expedition booking, EnScope will also need to collect information about you, and others included in your group, to pass to third parties (eg, relevant accommodation providers, excursion operators, etc.) for the purposes of booking your expedition. This may involve the transfer of information outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and by providing EnScope with this information you provide your consent (and the consent of those included in your group) to transfer such information out of the EEA. The information collected may include, but is not exclusively limited to, details such as your name, your address (in order to send the relevant documentation relating to your expedition to you), your email address and telephone number (if EnScope needs to contact you about your arrangements urgently).
- You have the right to ask EnScope not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You also have the right to access information held about you by EnScope. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time, and any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet EnScope’s costs in providing you with details on the personal data we hold about you.
- EnScope may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our website.
- EnScope operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and any amendments thereto.
You may at any time unsubscribe to receiving information from EnScope by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you change your contact details, or amend your donation details, please send an email with your new details to email@example.com
If you have any questions or concerns about the information EnScope holds about you, you may email EnScope. Alternatively, you may write to EnScope at: EnScope, Omnibus Business Centre, 39 – 41 North Road, London, N7 9DP.